Friday, November 10, 2006

The benefits of not paying your bills.

The dutch railway system, also known as the n.s, is hated by most people in the netherlands ever since it became a private company. It allmost never rides on schedule, and they make you pay large fines. Tho luckily I am a student, so I don't have to pay extremely high prices, when travelling on mondays through fridays. But such a card makes you lazy. So when I drove to my girlfriend on saturday, I forgot to buy a ticket. And ofcourse, this time the ticket inspector came like a fly on rotten fruit to fine me. 45 euro's, for a lousy one way trip. A few days later they send me a letter with the bank account details. I was busy, and forgot all about it untill today, so I called the rail way customer service.

"Hi there, I lost my letter about my outstanding bil, could you give me the bank account so I can send the money?"

"what's your zipcode sir?"
"7213LN"

...

"there is no outstanding bill on this zipcode."

Computer error? devine intervention? Who knows. And who cares, saved me 45 euro.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heb je me nooit verteld =p