Thursday, November 16, 2006

A peek into my past.

I wrote this poem a year or so ago. It's about me, and my condition. A condition which I made the best out of and got to live with.

"Where do you run"

Where do you run,

Where do you hide,

When the only one in who you trust,

Casts your faith aside.

I deceive myself, delude myself,

Every single time,

If feel a thief of my own thoughts,

A sinner committing a crime.

Why can't I see reality,

Like average people do?

I put a shade on my vision,

A darkness hard to see through.

And so I keep on guessing,

Illusions is all I can see.

Will the curtain ever fall,

Will I ever be free?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Bram!

You now already know who I am cuz of 'Bram', so I won't bother to write my name underneath this comment.

Just wanted to let you know I read your blog (checked it for the first time today.. shame on me..) and I have to say: I like your style! It somewhat reminds me of my own 'style' in writing blogs and poetry.

I especially liked the train dude story :)

if you want to check my website: lucys_aesthetic.livejournal.com
It's not really that interesting, but maybe one day I'll write a good or funny post :p

well have fun in Leiden, remember to buy weekend train tickets and take care!