Thursday, November 23, 2006

Ignorance is bliss

Sometimes, I think it would just rock to be dumb. Intelligent people, and I arrogantly proclaim myself one, think they have all the angles figured. But there's allways that gnawing incertainty, the fact that you will never know for sure. And Then I start to wonder, how great life would be, not doubting everything. Just blindly going to church every sunday, never questioning the existence of god, or the creation of the universe. Honestly believing beeing gay is a sickness, and spending your life in never changing schedules of going to your underpaid job during the day, and drinking beers with your just as racist friends at night, cursing jews and negro's. How that would be the life. But the truth, in my eyes, is that its not great. Because they are blind for the things I see, the things I experience, the things I come up with. Intelligent people have the CHOICE of believing things without doubting them one second. Because every human beeing is capable of accepting things without a doubt. We have the choice to either doubt it all, or to choose for the life of certainty. And that is what, in my eyes, makes it worth while working hard to boost your intelligence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, but if someone doesn't know he/she doesn't have the knowledge you supposively have (and I think I can consider myself an intelligent person too).. then whats the problem. They don't care you and I can choose what to believe in. They believe in their God, their life and their country for example, maybe without knowing the whole truth. But they don't know, so why would they care?

I would be easier I think, a life like that, but I prefer it the way you and I look at it. But that's just me.

Anonymous said...

'it' would be easier.. not 'I'.. sorry bout that